⚫ Hotels - Find great deals on hotels in Mangalia, Romania.
⚫ Attractions - List of the most famous places you must see while being in Mangalia.
⚫ Eating out - Find the perfect restaurant to dine in Mangalia.
⚫ Transportation - Find out the best way to get around.
⚫ Mangalia Hotel Map - Check out the hotel map to browse through your favorite hotels.
Location: Southeastern Romania, Dobrogea region
Total area: 62 square kilometers
Elevation: 320 meters
Climate: continental with Mediteranean influences
Total Population: about 33,000 inhabitants
• The highest population peak was registered in Mangalia in 1992, when the total number of inhabitants reached almost 44,000 people
• Before 1960, Mangalia housed a large Greek community which left Romania but today, Mangalia is home to the largest Muslim community in Romania
• Mangalia is an important port city in Constanta county, on the coast of the Black Sea
• A symbol of Mangalia is a monument located in the center of the city, and this is called the Heroes’ Statue
• The ruins of Callatis Fortress are another touristic spot in Mangalia, but when it comes to tourism, the area offers several types of tourism, from business tourism, spa tourism to nautical and culinary tourism
• Although the official language in Mangalia is Romanian, there is an important Turkish community in the city, so you may find Turkish speakers as well
• The closest airport to Mangalia is located at about 70 kilometers from downtown and it is called Mihail Kogalniceanu International Airport, in Constanta County
• The currency in Mangalia is the Romanian Leu but there are plenty of exchange offices where you can get Lei from your currency
We look forward to the opportunity to assist you in booking your hotel in Mangalia. Hotels Mangalia is your online guide for finding the best hotel rates in the city, including for exploring your destination before visiting. Our Mangalia online guide offers some of the cheapest rates on the internet, including travel tips for what to do and see, how to get around, or where to eat, providing complete travel services for the leisure and business traveler.
Whether visiting for business or pleasure, our easy and secure online booking service will ensure you a pleasant stay in Mangalia - the city on the ruins of ancient Greek Callatis City!
Guest Score: 6.7 / 10
Guest Score: 7.2 / 10
Guest Score: 7 / 10
Guest Score: 8.6 / 10
Guest Score: 7.8 / 10
Guest Score: 8.7 / 10
Mangalia is a city and port on the coast of the Black Sea, in the south east area of Constanta County.
In 1995 it was declared a municipality and presently administrates the following resorts: Cap Aurora, Jupiter, Neptun, Olimp, Saturn and Venus, which are popular destinations during summer time for Romanian tourists, as well as visitors from all around Europe. ▸more